Thursday, November 19, 2009

Product Review: Cadogan Tall Leather Flat Boots

Cadogan Tall Leather Flat Boots
Click here for product page
Item 18209
Regular $325.00

The almost knee-high leather boot is just a staple that is a part of any JCA's wardrobe. It is a timeless piece that transitions seamlessly from Fall to Winter to early Spring. Of course, J.Crew has an updated, yet classic, version available this season.

J.Crew's Cadagan Flat Boot page states:
Crafted from soft, supple Italian leather with the clean, classic lines we're famous for, this is the perfect pair with our favorite jeans, but they go just as well with feminine skirts and dresses. Leather lining. Full inside zip. Leather sole with rubber forepart for better traction. 1 1/4" stacked heel with a rough finish. Made in Italy.
A big "thanks!" to Jessica who shared her thoughts on these shoes with us. The following is her review:
I just received a pair of the tall boots in black and they are gorgeous...truly the boot I have been searching 3 years for! The leather certainly feels like good quality and is super smooth, the tailoring a quite refined--but not stuffy or stiff (like many other riding-style boots), the zipper is smooth and well-hidden. The stacked heel is not chunky at all. In my opinion, they have the perfect "rounded point" toe.

Now the bad news: while I would say they run perfectly true to size (5), the regular boots were too tight for my calves. I'm pretty muscular (14") and have small feet for my size, so maybe other size 5 girls won't have this problem. This was my first J.Crew boot purchase and I'm so sad I have to return these! The extended calf seems to only come is a 6 or larger, bummer! I took rudimentary measurements:

Size: 5 (measurements will surely be different for larger sizes)
Shaft (from top of heel): 13.5"
Calf (widest part): 13 1/8" (so close!)
Heel: 1.25"


Thought this might be helpful to other Aficionada readers who are considering buying these.
"Thanks!" again to Jessica for her great review!

I have two pairs of last year's Brewster Leather High Boots (Item 86198; $198.00). After inserting Dr. Scholl's comfy heel inserts, I love them. However, I had to size down (1/2 a size down to be exact) and they are tricky to get on. So I am thrilled to see this year's version true-to-size and has a zipper (convenient!)

What are your thoughts on the Cadogan Tall Leather Flat Boots? Are you considering or already have purchased these boots? Have you seen these boots in person? If so, please share with us your reviews too! :)

3 comments:

  1. This boots is on my wish list if it's not sold out by then...hoping for a nice sale. I'd also like to add the Cadogan ankle boot, but it's still expensive for my wallet.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These boots are on my "like" list. I wore my Glenbraes from last fall/winter today and remembered how much I love them. They are a lovely brown and I could probably get a lot more use out of a pair of black Cadogans.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)