I ran a "Questionable Item of the Week" back in a May 14th post and just had to bring it back today after I ran across some of J.Crew's pants for men. My husband was in need of some new khakis, so I went to the J.Crew website and imagine my surprise when I saw some of these pants, followed by the asking retail price...
From left to right:
- Classic-fit Italian paisley pant (Item 94426) at $265.00
- Classic-fit Italian paisley batik pant (Item 92466) at $158.00
- Classic-fit indigo patchwork-print pant (Item 92473) at $98.00
- Classic-fit batik-print pant (Item 94454) at $165.00
- Classic-fit Porto Ercole pant (Item 89871) at $158.00
As for the rest of the pair of pants, I don't think they warrant the price tag. To be honest, these looks might be fine for a little boy (because they are little boys, they could wear a sailor suit to a party and be adorable!) but for a grown man? I don't know. I mean, if I brought home a pair for my husband (and told him how much I paid for it) he would probably laugh, ask me if I saved the receipt, and then forbid me from ever purchasing clothes for him again. :)
What do you think? Do you think I am being overly critical about these pants? Do you own any of these pants? If you do, please let me know what you think!