Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Elle Recognizes J.Crew's Jenna Lyons

A big "thanks!" to Angela who let us know (and shared the image) about an article in the recent Elle Magazine, which features J.Crew's Jenna Lyons. To view the image, click on the image above or here.

Jenna Lyons was named as Elle Personal Style Awards "Design Star". The magazine states that the main reason they are loving J.Crew these days is due to the direction of J.Crew's Creative Director.

Jenna Lyon's personal style has been a frequent topic on this blog- with some JCAs loving her style (refer here and here) while others wondering how she left her house that morning (refer here and here).

What are your thoughts on Jenna Lyons winning the Elle award? Are you surprised or not surprised to see her on the list? :)

Quick Poll: Do you like Jenna Lyon's "style"?

10 comments:

  1. With the publicity J.Crew's been getting these days I'm not surprised to see Jenna Lyons nominated in this magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna is getting overexposed imo. She is not the only creative designer at JC, why focus on just her. Frankly I am getting tired of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OT - J.Crew restocked the sales section with additional mark down. Cotton-silk strapless top with flower is now $39, Cotton ruffle tunk and 3" horizon-stripe short are $19...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted "it depends" because while I am tired of hearing her blab contradictory JC talking points, I often like what she's wearing in public (minus all the fur and red lipstick and buddy holly fake prescription glasses). When discussed here, I was one of the few who liked her rockefeller tree lighting outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how the rest of the designers at JCrew feel that they are never acknowledged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa...the Papillion dress is $79.99. Size 10 only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks good in the glasses but how much coverage is too much?

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing wrong with Jenna, but I'm not thinking her style is Elle-list worthy. She doesn't wow me, but it may be because I see Jcrew daily (thanks to this blog) and when I see her, I just think her style is nothing special.

    Oh look, Liya Kebede is on there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like her style, and think she's add a lot to J. Crew. Even though I gripe about certain styles and their price tags, I do enjoy looking through the catalog and daydreaming about what I would wear, where. I suppose I have Jenna--and all the other unsung designers--to thank for that.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)