Thursday, July 31, 2014

New Arrivals at Madewell (over 200 new styles!)

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Cobalt (in this post), who let us know about the following...

Madewell had an update to its website this Tuesday (click here to view online) with over 200 new arrivals!


The latest roll out has 'up the ante' on the Transport Tote. Madewell is now offering more variations including Cabernet, Black, and Paintstripe. There is even a Zip Transport Tote! I own a Transport Tote and I love the simplicity in style. Plus, it holds a lot without looking awful. Highly recommend.

To be honest, I have been buying more and more from Madewell lately. They are my number one stop for jeans (love the skinny skinny in nightfall!) They really put J.Crew's versions to shame too. I also love that all denim is "risk free" (returnable, even if on sale).


I also think they have great accessories, like the sunglass cases. They are the perfect size to carry around. Plus, it comes in the most adorable patterns!

Lastly, Madewell is offering free economy shipping on all orders. No code is necessary for free shipping, as the promotion is automatically applied at checkout.

Will you be checking out the latest arrivals? Are you planning to stop by either store over the weekend?

15 comments:

  1. I'm also buying more from Madewell than JCrew. It fits more in with my lifestyle and even though it can be more expensive at the moment (as someone who's just out of grad school), I still prefer their free shippping on all orders over JCrew's shipping methods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The free shipping offer is fantastic! I am definitely willing to try more because of it too. :)

      Delete
    2. Love the free shipping ... if they did free returns as well (I'm nowhere near a B&M) it would be perfect.

      Delete
  2. I have the skinny skinny in nightfall too! I snagged it online for $17.99 recently. I also like their sunglasses case (I have the red gingham one).

    Thanks for the alert about the new zip transport tote. Wishlisting it now. I liked the original but never pulled the trigger, because I was concerned about my stuff falling out of the open top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Madewell, and like FriendlyFemme, I have also been buying more from them then I have from J.Crew lately. I also agree with Alexis that the free shipping is fantastic. I am much more likely to place multiple orders because of it, especially when they offer an extra % off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is the sizing on Madewell's Skinny Skinny jeans. I had been thinking of trying the Rail Straight, but it looks like those are gone, replaced by the Alley Straight (?).
    Unfortunately the Alley Straight only come in a 32" length inseam, waaay too long for me. (LOL, I get that 'laid back', 'pooling' effect from short inseams.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maryeb, I'd say the skinny skinny jeans run TTS. By comparison, I size down in the rail straights and bootleggers (also discontinued?). I'm a fellow petite and usually need a 30" inseam or less. The skinny skinnies give me just a little slouch at the ankle.

      Delete
    2. I have the skinny skinny jeans in sky wash. The size chart put me at a 26 but I take a 25 in them because of the stretch. I have a 25 in the legging jeans, too, but those aren't as stretchy so a 26 probably would have been better. For high-rise jeans, I'm a 26. Hope that helps!

      xo Kimi

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the sizing info, cobalt and twentysomethingsimple!

      Delete
    4. How does the skinny skinny jeans compare with the Matchsticks?

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this post! I've become a huge Madewell fan over the past year for so many reasons (customer service, pricing, new designer, best sales) and I hope u continue to cover them on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really tempted to try the Anouk loafer in rubino, b2073, which is backorder until the 18th and appears to be sold out in a couple of sizes. Not sure if I should pay FP or wait for a promo. Madewell's promos seem few and far between. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi maryeb! I would place the order to at least give them a try when they come in on the 18th. If a promo does happen before then you can ask for a price adjustment. If they don't get marked down, then at least you can give them a try to see if you think they even warrant full-price or if you should return and wait for sale. Ordering now also ensures that you do get them in case they end up selling out before another promo happens. At least they aren't final sale at this point. :)

      Delete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)