Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Madewell Email: This just in: the boots you'll covet

"Thanks!" to Marietta & HeidiG who shared the email Madewell sent yesterday.

The email features the Lace-Up Ankle Bootie which is described as "vintage details and luxe leather it's a pair that ties any look together" and retails for $198. This look is completed with the Vintage V-neck ($68), Ex-Boyfriend Shorts in Furnace Medium Dark ($72), Sequin-Trim Floral Scarf ($68), and the Hue Flat Knit Sweater Tights ($18).

I am liking the laced-up ankle booties but I am loving those tights! Those tights are tight! Am I right? ;)

The email also reminds us that J.Crew has yet to create an e-commerce site for Madewell. ;) So instead, customers can shop select items through ShopBop (click here). As mentioned in the last week's "J.Crew Updates Website With New Arrivals Today!" post, J.Crew online (click here) is starting to offer a few Madewell items too– including the Madewell Patent-Leather Oxford (Item 18810; $148.00).

What are your thoughts on the Lace-Up Ankle Bootie? Are you a fan of Madewell footwear? Have you been purchasing Madewell online (either through ShopBop or J.Crew)? :)

7 comments:

  1. I don't find any of the Madewell "looks" remotely aspirational. I checked out their site and just...nothing. Maybe the individual pieces are better IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those booties are gorgeous! I love how they look with the tights. However, I don't particularly like the shorts-over-tights look, a mini instead would look nice IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the Madewell patent oxfords. There's nothing I've seen like them out there.

    Does anyone have them? Do they run TTS?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. Every time I get an email from Madewell, I open it and think, "you have got to be kidding." Considering their pricepoint, I will be surprised if they are in business much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just recieved the patent oxfords today. i usually go for more feminine ballet flats or riding boots, but i really like these for a different look. they look and feel really well-made (madewell?). i took a 9.5, my normal size, and they are TTS if not slightly big. the patent is really thick--i have blisters right now because i stupidly didn't wear socks, but i think they'll be fine once they are broken in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ITA with Dulcie. The prices! I have been in the B&M twice now and it just isn't me. That said, I covet the riding boots so intensely that I *might* pay FP for them. Anyone know if they ever had promos/anything/PS/mailing list or any offer worth waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Meredith! I think I'll go for them. I love the pointy toe and patent leather. Ballet flats just don't cut it in my rainy environment in the winter. . .

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)