Thursday, March 10, 2011

How Much For That J.Crew Jacket? {eBay edition}

It's no secret that I like to check out eBay to find pieces from J.Crew's past to round out my collection.

Tonight I saw one listing that caught my eye. Now, I have seen some of J.Crew's past season items being sold for two or three times it's original retail price. But this one particular listing took the prize for being the most expensive.

That is right, the mint jacket is being sold at a starting bid of $3,499! I am assuming the seller made a decimal mistake ($34.99 seems like a better starting price). But nonetheless, I chuckled at seeing this. I mean, I love J.Crew too. But not this much! ;)

12 comments:

  1. Haha! It's pre-owned, too, adding to the value. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Hey, if I was a billionaire and I wanted that particular jacket, what's $3500?!

    But unfortunately....I am definitely DEFINITELY not a billionaire....YET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!

    (This is me, wiping a tear from my face!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How?! Don't they charge fees based on how much your listing price is? Maybe this was during one of those "List everything for free" promos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Yes, Silver -- I think about the listing fee that poor person is going to be charged......eep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's been a massive price drop since last night. :) And 2 bidders even.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I have that jacket! Maybe I can make a small fortune on mine as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's down to $51 now. Maybe it was a strategy to attract attention. It worked; there are several bids on it already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Benefit of the doubt, it was probably a pricing mistake.

    J.Crew's done that before, with their $2500 sequin long skirts, $1000 puffer jackets, and the $795 leather tee.

    At least that reseller had the decency to fix the mistake and not leave it as a mistake like jcrew does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surprised by very expensive price of prom dresses and wedding dresses in various shops? You want to buy these dresses with high quality and cheap price?jadegown black chiffon gown reviews provides you a good choice.
    http://www.jadegown.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)