Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Weekly Share: Other JCrew-like Retailers

This is the weekly "Other JCrew-like Retailers" post (similar to the "Off On A Tangent" posts), where we can share our finds from other retailers that have offerings similar to J.Crew (like Anthropologie, LE Canvas, Gap, BR, Talbots, Ann Taylor, and the like.)

If you have recently encountered items that are similar to J.Crew, maybe you might be willing to share that information with us in this post.

Please feel free to share your story on almost any topic— including experiences with certain merchandise pieces, promotions/ offers, in-store visits, transactions with store associates, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Boden is 30% off regular price on select categories today and up to 70% off sale. I ordered another Melanie Jersey Dress on sale - they are beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a Boden dress that I was hoping to order this spring that was backordered for 12+ weeks. Then, somehow, the dress became sold out! I find that a bit curious -- did legions of shoppers order it while it was on such a long backorder? Oh well, I'll check out the rest of the sale.
      I finally wore my Boden Chino Tunic Dress last night. It's very comfortable and soft, but after sitting in it for a few hours I really wished it were a bit longer. Perhaps I'll look into getting the hem let down.

      Delete
    2. I ordered a short sleeve Breton tee from Boden on 5/25; website said it was due in a week. Hadn't seen or heard anything, so I checked the website-now backordered until mid July. Not a word of notice or apology. Price is now lower, so I asked for an adjustment; they instead gave me a store credit for the difference. I obviously don't learn lessons easily, so I ordered the long sleeved version which said it would be in stock in a week. Oddly, my order has since been adjusted to 7/27 for shipping :/. Something is going on with inventory management, and they don't seem the least bit on top of it or apologetic.

      Delete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)