Sunday, February 7, 2010

J.Crew Email: What's new for guys...

J.Crew sent an email yesterday letting us know that new arrivals are available for Men as well (click here to shop online).

The email also features the Cadet Jacket (Item 22993; $128.00) which is described as:
Inspired by a vintage military jacket, our designers added distinctive workwear details like snap fastenings and bellow pockets. In rugged, garment-dyed cotton twill, it's the ultimate in casual cool (consider it your every-day-of-the week jacket).
I have to say that the image above is fantastic. The style of casual-cool is timeless. As for the jacket, loves it! I also think the starting price point is pretty good (for J.Crew, of course!)

What are your thoughts on the Men's Cadet Jacket? Do you like or dislike the style of the jacket? Do you think that it has a good starting price point?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm the only one old enough to even think this, but the cut of jacket (hip length, passants on the shoulders) is giving me flashbacks to the '80s Members Only jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the similarly styled utility jacket in the green fatigue color, which I usually pair with a plain tee and jeans. I've received numerous compliments when wearing it. And for me, at 6'4", the large tall fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this. I love it. I also have the similarly styled utility jacket. This jacket is cut a bit slimmer. And no, I don't feel any Members Only vibe with this. The fabric is great, more of a washed feel than the utility jacket. Great details, like straps at the wrists, the snap-button pockets, and the pleats on the pockets. Has sort of a military tank jacket vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)