Thursday, May 9, 2013

J.Crew Updates Website with New Arrivals!

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Suzy & Mel (in this post) , AudreyBella (in this post) , ReaganFlowers (in this post), as well as Irina, who let us know that J.Crew had an update to its website yesterday (click here to view online). (Apologies for not keeping up with the J.Crew news this week... it's a crazy time of year for me right now.)

There are some new arrivals for men (click here) & women (click here). {wahoo!} It looks like Crewcuts (click here) has been updated, but not the J.Crew Collection (click here). According to the email J.Crew sent, over 85 new items made it online.


What is even more exciting is that the May catalog (click here to view) is available to view. It is always nice to see the new arrivals match up with the current catalog. This way I can see the items in as many different photos as possible. :)

What I am loving!
  • Collection Featherweight Cashmere Anchor Sweater (Item 51286; $248.00). Let's just get this out of the way, the price point on this sweater is unrealistic for me. However, I love the whole concept of this sweater: nautical stripes with a red anchor. It screams Summer perfection!
  • Perfect Shirt in Linen Dot (Item 43400; $88.00). It's a pretty simple shirt but the look is a classic!
  • Silk-Trim Maxidress (Item 01174; $110.00). This is my favorite item from the latest rollout. I love maxi dresses and this one not only looks chic, it looks comfortable. I would like one in all the colors offered, please.
What I will pass on!
  • Collection Safari Sweater (Item 68737; $168.00). I am surprised this is sold out already! It's not that the print isn't cute, but it doesn't seem like an item I could get a lot of wear from.
  • Virginia Johnson for J.Crew Tote (Item 01688; $148.00). I know what you are thinking, why would this adorable tote make the "pass list"?!? It's not because of the print (which I adore in both the lobster and shark). It's because of the price. I am sorry, but $150 for a tote? A canvas tote? Please.
Plus, J.Crew is extending the additional 30% off their Spring Sale online by using promotional code SUNSHINE. This offer now expires Sunday, May 12, 2013. Even better? This offer is available at brick and mortar (B&M) stores too.

Note: I wanted to mention that the Sale Section (click here to shop online) had a decent update this morning for Women (885+ items) and Men (250+). It looks like several new items have made it to the sale section. As many of you have already experienced, the good stuff is selling out quickly. Things in my shopping cart are disappearing before I can even log into my account to buy them!

What items are you most excited about and why? Which items are you surprised (or not surprised) to see? Which items did you hope would be included? Were you expecting a bigger roll-out today? Also, did you receive the latest catalog? :)

34 comments:

  1. No apologies necessary, Alexis! We are just grateful to you for keeping the JCA blog going all these years! :)

    It's fun to see new items this week, and also loving the fact that final sale is gone again for now, too! :)

    As for the new arrivals, I quite like the boy shirt in sea horse and the collection safari sweater. As you said, the Virginia Johnson for J.Crew Tote is adorable, but the price tag not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FFM! :) I also agree about the Sea Horse shirt- it is so cute! I was surprised how much I really like it (because I already own enough of tees).

      Delete
    2. I'm really liking the sea horse boyshirt as well. It reminds me of a toned down Lilly Pulitzer print. I also love the two one-piece styles in punk floral--although I don't need a new swimsuit at the moment.

      Delete
    3. Yes, thank you Alexis for keeping this blog going. I believe JCA has a big birthday coming up...!

      Delete
  2. For those interested, there were are new promo-priced items and markdowns (as Alexis mentioned) added to sale this week. I have noted the majority of them in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I feel like J Crew and I are out of sync with the seasons. Everything seems to be too hot for late spring/summer. The rollout seems to have a lot of merino, cashmere and long sleeves, nothing that I want to wear in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! While I'm loving the prints and some of the shoes (finally!), it does seems that this is a fairly heavy spring season for JC. And I live in a cooler clime...

      Delete
    2. And I agree too. If this is really the end of the summer rollout, I'm really disappointed.

      Delete
    3. It's Jenna in Wonderland -- Capri pants, short skirts and bare legs in winter; merino sweaters, cashmere and long sleeves in summer. Apparently it is not fashionable to be temperature appropriate.

      Delete
    4. I know, the only cashmere and merino I'm buying this time of year is at a deep discount for the colder months in the future, I don't understand why there is so much that is a new arrival that is more something I'd wear in fall and winter. With that said, I love the boy shirt in seahorse, pretty much most everything else is a pass.

      Delete
  4. Review of the pre-order pocket tee in stripe,the pintuck bandeau tank and the sheer striped tunic on my blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am interested in the A-line Ponte dress, wish it came in other colors though. The Boardwalk Linen Skirt looks cute but probably not practical for me. I probably won't get anything from this rollout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate,i will get my thistle print shirt tomoroow andwil let you know about fit.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ina, I am looking forward to seeing it!

      Delete
    3. I bought the Boardwalk Linen Skirt in white. Love it. I have a very similar skirt from a few years ago, but it was fuller. This less full skirt suits me much better.

      I think it fits TTS

      Delete
    4. Cate,i received my shirt and they sent a 0 instead of a 2.
      It fits,but i would say the shirt runs TTS to small?short. I am usually a 0 and it fits.So if youre inbetween sizes def size up.
      I love the print(got the pink one) and love the vibe it has.
      I will review it on my blog either friday or saturday.
      HTH

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. The perfect shirt in linen dot were really cute looking, very saturated color IRL, fit TTS but quite long on me and I'm 5"8. Good to tuck in! I found them really scratchy though, not soft at all but they may wash up softer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so excited for the punk floral print skirt - but it sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slightly off topic, but did other canadian JCA's notice the site prices are now in USD. I called to ask about this and was told that the price at check out will be inflated by 15% at check out. Yes that would be on top of a higher price for being in Canada. Has anyone done a check out to see if this is true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't noticed! I made a purchase two days ago and it has hit my credit card. It's being reflected as the same as the price on the website (with no 15% markup). I'm thinking the individual you spoke to was a little confused about exchange rates.

      Delete
    2. it looks to me like these are still the inflated Canadian prices (which include duty) but they have just added USD to let consumers know they are being charged in USD. Possibly someone complained because they didn't realize that they would be charged USD when shipping to Canada.

      Delete
    3. Thanks ladies, I talked to an SA today and she said the same thing about the dollar being clarified. She also pointed out that the shorts and pants are now the same numeric value on both sites (Canadian and American) and that she thought it was a move to standardize prices between the two countries.

      Delete
  9. Has anyone seen the Elephant bangle and parrot necklace in person? I'm looking for some IRL pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. OT, but has anyone tried Kate Spade's new "saturday" line? Looks super cute & like KS is trying to push back on JC (meaning, JC taking KS's market share in the higher priced --$200-$500-- items, so KS doing the same in JC's lower priced --under $100-- items).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for keeping this blog updated, Alexis! Really appreciate it!
    I'm not so interested in this rollout, it being Autumn here, but I LOVE the invitation clutch in the diamond raffia. Has anyone seen it? Would love to hear thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The April rollout/Style Guide was soooo much more summery and warm-weather appropriate that the May one.

    Why are we seeing seahorses and whales in long sleeves and merino and cashmere, and styling in double layers, for summer?

    I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Punk Floral silk-wool collection pants has also sold out! Maybe they only made a handful for the VIPs? Or, most likely, they are just claiming it's sold out to heighten demand and justify the "collection" price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can keep their fugly pajama pants. Not even at a deep discount.

      Delete
  14. The whale linen Tippi is adorable IRL. The whales are completely stitched through and doesn't seem to harm the linen (to make holes) so it looks pretty durable (though I know nothing of sewing).

    I'm usually a small in tippis but would probably take an xs in the linen. My linen tippis from last year stretched out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alexis, first thank you for this blog! Second, I just wore my perfect shirt in linen dot shirt and love it! I literally wore it all day long as we were leaving on vacation. It endured schlepping through the airport with 2 kids, 5 carry-ons, and a 6 hour flight in excellent condition. It was scratchy at first, but very comfortable, not tight through the shoulders like some perfect shirts. I also washed it and it looks fabulous, I hung it to dry and it is not wrinkly at all. A definite keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Collection Featherweight Cashmere Anchor Sweater was the first thing that caught my eye, even though I usually don't do huge whimsical prints. I want it, just not bad enough to pay full price.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)