Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sneak Peek: J.Crew's June Style Guide {catalog}

"Thanks!" to many of you, including Cate O (in this post), who let us know about the following.

Over at the "Well Now I'm told that this is life..." blog, the "J.Crew June Style Guide" post features the upcoming June catalog from J.Crew.

A big "thanks!" to Rose (of the fantastic "1 More Shopping Blog" blog), Slastena (of the amazing About All and Nothing at All blog), as well as Claudia, who shared the following images & text with us:
While all the items in the first look are currently available, it’s a great inspiration of a simple way for wearing your stripes as a neutral. The dress holds its shape beautifully so you’ll always get a flattering easy-yet-elegant fit. The long sleeves are perfect for spring’s unpredictable weather! The Brompton Mini-Hobo in Safari Cat Print was inspired by a vintage scarf from the 1950s—we’ll also be debuting the same print in a few other tops.

The big idea of the second look is pairing loose or slouchy tops with your shorts for a fun play with proportions. The Whisper Gauze Peasant Blouse is our newest summer staple. It features a gently elasticized neckline, waist, and sleeves—it’ll also be debuting in the color Chili. It may be easy and airy, but it’s far from shapeless!
So exciting to see a location catalog with a group shot on the cover! It reminds me of J.Crew's older covers. I also enjoyed seeing the two images from inside the catalog. I am ready for the new arrivals!!! According to J.Crew, the new June pieces will be available online next Thursday, May 17th.

This is also the second catalog being referred to as a "style guide". Are they committing to the new term now?

What are your thoughts on the upcoming catalog? Did you already receive a copy of the style guide? If so, please share! :)

14 comments:

  1. I didn't see much of a difference between the regular catalog and the May "style guide." I do enjoy the catalogs regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenna's explanation for the name change on page 3 of the May 2012 style guide: "Today we're so much more than a catalog - in fact, we hear it from you every day. You read us on the train and on the beach. You also dog-ear the pages to mark your favorite looks (and refer back to them again and again). SO REALLY, WE'RE JUST NOW CATCHING UP WITH YOU BY CALLING THIS BOOK WHAT YOU'VE BEEN CALLING IT FOR SOME TIME: A STYLE GUIDE." (the part that is in caps is actually capitalized, italicized, and bolded on the page for emphasis)

      I've never heard anyone - not even on JCA - call the catalog a style guide, but if you say so, J. Crew...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Alexis!

    I have yet to see the catalog, but I do get correspondence from the PS and the local shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested to see the dress on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, it's a beautiful cover, I hope the Catalog, sorry, Style Guide, lives up to it and there aren't only a few location shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow! Beautiful cover!! Is the font Bright Dalhia or Brilliant Fuchsia? I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the whole guide. Looks like the Porcelain Paisley Skirt, previously reviewed on AJC's blog, is finally making its debut on the cover rather than in the final sale section of the website!

    Thanks so much for the preview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to trying the Porcelain Paisley skirt that's on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meh. I really just can't get too excited about much JC stuff anymore. Plus, the prices keep creeping up, up, up...I'm in a J.Crew rut at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to put a face with the little fingers that sew our clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have reviewed Whisper Gauze Peasant Blouse
    and it IS shapeless and sloppy mess on me.
    I also posted just review of new Java tunic dress and some other new dress HERE, I am not sure if it is going to be in June catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whisper Gauze Peasant Blouse review
    HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I save all of my JCrew Catalogs and often plan my outfits according to thier pages! so I completely agree with the New Name for them "Style Guide" which is the way I have looked at them for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christy- hahahahaha! Your comment made my day.
    J crew doesn't call it "sweatshop"; they call it "authentic indonesian craftmanship" haha.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)