Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Madewell Good cheer: 25% off orders of $150+ (free shipping too)

"Thanks!" to many of you who shared the following promotion from Madewell today.

Madewell is offering 25% off on orders of $150+ (and free shipping). The offer ends Friday, December 9, 2011. The fine print includes:
*25% off orders of $150 or more offer valid at madewell.com only. Offer not valid in Madewell stores or on telephone orders. Offer does not apply to previous purchases, alterations or the purchase of gift cards. 25% discount applies to online orders of $150 or more before shipping, handling and taxes are added. Discount is applied automatically at checkout. Offer does not apply to previous purchases, alterations or the purchase of gift cards. Offer valid through Friday, December 9, 2011, 11:59pm ET. Free shipping offer is valid only on madewell.com orders shipped via regular shipping (3 to 6 business days). Free ground shipping is applied automatically at checkout. Offer does not apply to previous purchases. Offer is valid through Monday, December 19, 2011, 8:59pm ET. Details of offer are subject to change.
Will you be checking out Madewell? Did you already pick up an item or two? If so, please share!

5 comments:

  1. I am waiting on the promenade coat... holding my breath and hoping it fits! The dark camel colour is so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those interested, shopbop.com is selling the novelist shirtdress in warm shale for 47.40! I think only XS and L are left. I tried it on in store and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may or may not have splurged on the Dovetail shirtdess. It'll be too short to be a dress on me but the color is so lovely... I cannot wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just mention here that I had an amazing experience with Madewell and their customer service? I had placed an order for the Prairie boots, only to find that they sent me the wrong size. I also though got another package with two little gold carryalls, a $20 giftcard, and a note saying thank you for being a valued Madewell customer!! I was so excited to get this that the wrong pair of shoes hardly phased me.
    Anyway, so I went downtown to exchange the shoes for the correct size, and they didn't have them so I ended up returning the order. On my way out I found a few items and decided to make a purchase. I went to use my new gift card that I had received today, and the balance said $0.00. The SA didn't know what to do, so she called her manager. No on in the store knew what promotion I was talking about when I had told her where I got this gift card, and no one knew what to do. After calling person after person in the store (~10 minutes), the manager called customer service. No one that she talked to knew about this "valued customer gift" that I was talking about. She was on the phone for about 20 minutes, being transferred to person after person. After giving my name, number, and explaining the package I had received to the customer service person 5 times, she told me there was nothing I could do and I just ended up with an empty giftcard and being very frustrated.

    So I wrote to Madewell customer service about the days frustrations, and they not only put the $20 onto the giftcard, but they are sending me a replacement pair of Prairie boots free of charge! And the supervisor Jessica personally took care of it for me and apologized. Have you ever heard of such fantastic customer service? You can bet that I will be a Madewell customer for life and will tell everyone how awesome they are! Thanks Madewell!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)