This is off-topic, but relates to J Crew. There is a posting on Thought Catalog called "21 Signs You're Destined To Be a Soccer Mom" and number 1 reads:Silver Lining (in this post):
1. There is a feeling you get when you set foot in a JCrew, and it’s a feeling incomparable to anything else in your life. It’s a sort of spiritual certainty, accompanied by a buzzing excitement and a sudden, overwhelming urge to spend the next 45 minutes trying on enamel bangles and touching sweaters. It is your Happy Place.
You can read the full article here:
There seems to be a cycle:HA! So true on both accounts!!! I love walking into J.Crew. There is something about the store that makes me linger and touch the merchandise.
1. New arrivals! Weeeeeeeeee!
2. Reality sets in when new arrivals are reviewed (for better or for worse).
3. Sale section is updated with new markdowns! Weeeeeeeee!
4. Sale section starts to feel tired.
5. Additional % off! Weeeeeeeeee!
6. How long is that stuff going to be in the sale section?!
7. New arrivals! Weeeeeeeeeee!
We're kind of at #6 right now.
With that said, I am going through a down period with J.Crew. I am not buying that much right now. I feel like I own everything I want, and there is not much left that I need. Even though the new arrivals look pretty, I am just not swooning over any pieces like I use to. I am sure that feeling will turn around in January! ;)