Thursday, September 9, 2010

Alexa Chung for Madewell Coming Soon {real soon!}

"Thanks!" to Heidi who shared the following story from the LA Times (click here to read in its entirety):
Shopping: Alexa Chung collection to launch at Madewell stores
The TV host says the clothes are for women her age 'who like to be comfy but also like to look chic' or 'anyone who likes to dabble in hot pants.'
By Emili Vesilind & Max Padilla
September 05, 2010

Like fellow Brits Kate Moss and Sienna Miller before her, model and TV host Alexa Chung is known as much for her enviable personal style as she is for her professional accomplishments. And her penchant for boyish, effortless-looking getups makes her a fitting collaborator for Madewell, a brand steeped in classic casual clothes tweaked slightly for the trendy set.

The British beauty has teamed up with the niche fashion retailer for a capsule collection launching Saturday in all Madewell stores.

The cutesy-cool line, which is heavy on hot pants, easy-fitting dresses and super-skinny jeans, looks like it could have been pulled directly from Chung's closet. "Madewell totally got my aesthetic," she said. "They're also a brand that's in keeping with my tomboy, comfortable style."
The collaboration between Alexa Chung and Madewell has been discussed a few times on the blog (refer here). I will say that although I am not her "target demographic", there are a few pieces that look quite lovely for me. :)

Are you excited about Alexa Chung's collection over at Madewell? Are there any pieces you are interested in? :)

10 comments:

  1. My 19 yo daughter is a bigger fan of Madewell than me, although I like their basic tops and jeans and sweaters. We got invited to a special event at the Domain store to introduce us to the Alexa Chung line...can't go, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought & love the Bromley blouse which is now sold out so naturally, I'm partial to the Alexa Chung Iris blouse. They had me at "washed silk" so I must check it out; I'm a sucker for sueded silk & similar sensuous textures. Also love the clean lines (read: no ruffles, sequins & other embellishments).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Alexis that I am not in their targeted "demographic market", however, I see some adorable things that I will natch be trying out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alas the black velvet dress with the white collar that I would have bought has already sold out in my size. Nothing left above a 4... I'll wait to see it in store but suspect things will be the same there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love EVERYTHING! I want the coat, the velvet dress with white collar, the silk blouse, the velvet shorts, the jean shorts, the high waisted jeans, everything! Too bad I'm broke and all this will be sold out by the time I can afford to buy even one piece. Ah well, I see eBay in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Annie blouse. SO cute and I'm a sucker for polka dots! I think I'll be able to wear many different ways. I cringed a bit at the price point, but if I didn't pull the trigger now, it would have been sold out likely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am beyond the age demographic but there are some lovely things I would wear--the coats and that cute fisherman knit but would need to see IRL. Wish we had a shop where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OT, but I somehow scored the Bromley blouse on a popback. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just went to the Madewell in NYC Soho and could not resist snapping up a pair of the high waisted skinnies in a medium blue and the sheer polka dot blouse. there are still a good selection of sizes left, and the quality is quite good for the price point. i'm usually not a fan of celeb x fashion retailer collab, but i think the jcrew folks did a great job on this one with alexa.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)