Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At Last... The Famous Crewcuts Coats

"Thanks!" to Sarah who let us know an update on the Crewcuts coats Malia & Sasha Obama wore at the Inauguration (refer to this post). On the Crewcuts website (click here), J.Crew announces that the coats are now available to pre-order (call 1-800-591-3745).

The coats are a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! I am curious how quickly they will sell out (especially since many parts of the U.S. are enjoying summer-like temperatures- seems too early to think about winter!) ;)

What are your thoughts on the Crewcuts coats? Would you consider pre-ordering them? If you already have, please let us know! :)

8 comments:

  1. I looove the blue one! But I agree with you, Alexis, summer weather seems to have finally arrived and I do not want to think about winter coats just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not buy these coats just because the obama girls wore them...seems a bit much. The coats may be cute but it is tacky to market them on the basis of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not in marketing, but shouldn't j.crew have had these ready to go in January? Strike while the iron is hot, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No matter how adorable it is, I think it's absurd to spend that much on a kid's coat. Especially if you're buying out of season and they could easily outgrow it before winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of the coats are cute. It does seem rather late. I would preorder and size up if I had a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never spend this much on a child's DRESS coat and I only have one so she gets a lot BUT there are limits...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the coats and probably will get one for my daughter. The sweet guava coat is $168 and the bright cobalt is $235. In terms of dress coats for girls, these seem to be about the price. (Though over $200 is a lot!) Any good department store child's dress coat or boutique dress coat will be well over $100 so the pricing is in line with other well made winter dress coats. As with other crewcuts items, by a size or two larger for maximum wear.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)