Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Madewell Email: Denim & leggings: such a cool combo

"Thanks!" to Marietta, who shared the following email from Madewell. They are featuring their Denim Leggings which are "part jean, part leggings (and available in both light and dark washes)- how genius is that?" They retail for $48.00 and come in Acid Wash (shown above) and Dark Wash (shown in the image below).

Moreover, they are offering 15% off purchases for students at their stores. To redeem the promotion, just show your student ID.

As for the Denim Leggings, I am not a huge fan. Although I will say, I think the pair in Dark Wash look rather cute. It's styled quite nicely and works great for tall boots. Maybe I am just not a fan of the "Acid Wash & leggings" combo, or acid-wash in general. ;)

What are your thoughts on Madewell's Denim Leggings? Are you considering or already purchased these leggings? Have you seen them in person? If so, please share with us your reviews too! :)

13 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the dark wash, definitely not the acid wash ones.

    I'm confused though. I just went on their website, they seem to be one of the few companies nowadays that don't have an online store, and only b&m's. I don't really get why you wouldn't have an online presence. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, also noticed this post from over a year ago:

    http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/2008/05/madewell-is-coming-online.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dark ones look promising. Probably really comfortable easy to tuck into boots. I have the same question Marketeer has, are these only available in store? I couldn't find them on their website either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madewell is featured at Shopbop, though I can't say how extensive the selection is. No denim leggings there yet.

    http://www.shopbop.com/madewell/br/v=1/2534374302143731.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge restock on the J Crew site right now, some great price drops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone have a freeship code for jcrew?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! Acid-washed anything, um....no. Plus I'm just not a leggings fan -- I can't (or won't) wear something that I know right off the bat is designed to show every bump, bulge and imperfection. I'll take my trouser-style denim any day. (I do think the dark wash looks nice on the model, but I'm curious of just what percentage of the population could really pull that off...) Pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the dark wash ones look ok, but definitely not work appropriate for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, jean leggings. Didn't I see these in the trashy Venus swimwear catalog that comes in the junk mail? And the acid wash.... ICK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting. I live in Vegas and worked for J.Crew outlet last year. Madewell kept saying that they were launching online shopping soon...then kept pushing it back. That was a year and a half ago. Now, I just heard our local Madewell is closing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ook! No! This is skinny jeans taken too far. The acid-wash ones especially are a bad 80's flashback. I guess if you're going to wear them, though, do ti like the models: with chunky boots so as not to do the full-on 80's look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made a trip to madewell just to check these out, and was disappointed. I was hoping for the look of jeans with the comfort of leggings, but they are straight up leggings. I'd like at least the illusion of back pockets. Would be fine with tunics, but not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)