... I stopped in at my B&M and one of the SA's was nice enough to slip me a copy of the new catalogue after I had noticed it...
Anyway, the back has a note that says "Postmaster: Please deliver July 25-29", so I assume that's when they'll be shipping out.
I don't have access to a scanner, but the theme is John Steinbeck/East of Eden. It's set in Northern California and is gorgeous. The color scheme seems to be lots of lavender/dusty blossom tempered with slates, charcoals, and tortoise prints.
Jenna's Picks include:
- Silk Evening Primrose Brynn Dress (Item 18137; $158.00)
- Merino Maya Cardigan (Item 17854W; $88.00)
- Velvet Flower Pin (Item 19374W; $29.50)
- Wool Flannel Schoolboy Blazer (Item 18271W; $188.00)
- Heirloom Flora Necklace (Item 19492W; $98.00)
- Skinny Tortoise Patent-Leather Belt (Item 17318W; $39.50)
- Jeweled Garland Bracelet (Item 18030; $95.00)
- Vintage Matchstick Cord (Item 17046; $79.50)
- Tissue Beaded Necklace Tee (Item 17629W; $49.50)
- Lexi Tote (Item 18262; $325.00)
- Tiered Crystal Libretto Necklace (Item 18013; $98.00)
- Nottingham Ankle Boots (Item 16940W; $250.00)
- Scattered Petals Tank (Item 17207W; $68.00)
- Spencer Patent-Trimmed Suede Mary Jane (Item 17197W; $215.00)
As a 20-year old college student, I am very excited about this collection! I think it balances fashion-forward styling with pieces that are very much wearable. But I do agree that there are things that are going to set people off--for example, ankle socks (!) are a "trend alert".
"Thanks!" again goes to Meredith for sharing with us!!! :) All the items listed sound fantastic- except for maybe the ankle socks. ;) [Sidenote: The items listed above with a bold item number, have a link to its item page at JCrew.com.] I can't wait to see them in person! Who knows, I might end up lovin' the ankle socks.
Also, I can't wait to receive a catalog & I hope I do too! (I know some of you are facing similar issues, where J.Crew is no longer sending catalogs to some of their regular customers. It seems like they are cutting back on sending them to customers at their homes. I use to get multiple versions of the same catalog, now I am lucky if I get one. Why J.Crew, why?)
Update: "Thanks!" to many of you, including Lilac Cupcake (in this post), who let us know that Shannon has several images of this catalog at her blog (click here to view).
What are your thoughts on the upcoming items for August? Are you excited for the Fall lineup, or are you still thinking about Summer?