Thursday, December 12, 2019

JCA "Help Style Me!" Weekly Post

This is the weekly "Help Style Me!" post, where we can share items we are having trouble putting outfits together with. Elaine (in this post) says it best, "You know, that thing you bought because you love it and you keep pulling it out and then putting it away without wearing it?"

Please share your J.Crew item (either that you own or are thinking about getting) that you would love help creating an outfit with.

Also, please help out by offering your styling advice. Feel free to include links to your blog (where you incorporated that piece) or to Polyvore (where you showcased an outfit with that piece). Thanks in advance! :)

4 comments:

  1. Waaaay OT, but it’s quiet here this week so I thought it would be okay. Awhile back I scored some Hogan sneakers similar to these, but mine are in shades of rust/burnt orange.

    https://www.biffi.com/us_en/new-interactive-h-flock-item-000181340026976.html

    They’re really cool shoes, but I’m never happy with how they look with various jeans. I’ve tried straight leg in washed and dark, as well as bootcut. I don’t know if it’s the black sole or the hidden platform (1/2”) that throws the look off, but these haven’t wound up being the go-to cool sneakers that I thought they’d be. Any suggestions on what cut and length of jeans you think would suit these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Skinny with a little sliver of ankle showing? Or a tapered mom jean style? That’s tricky. The only thing I’d say is I think you need to see a little ankle, but I’m not totally sure since I typically wear more casual style sneakers (like seavees or Supergas)

      Delete
    2. You’re good, Suz! I think you nailed it. After I posted I tried them on with some shorter jeans and thought it looked better. I don’t understand why, but it does. Like you said, that sliver of ankle makes all the difference. Unfortunately I don’t wear any cropped jeans after early-mid Nov as it just gets too cold up here in the Great White North. I wear sneakers a lot for work and casual, but the different shape/height of these made them a lot harder to style than I expected. Thanks for your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. Sorry I can’t seem to post above. How about it you wore a thin trouser sock, make colored or patterned? Socks seem to be very in and maybe that’s enough to add some warmth so you can wear them to work.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)