From the "J.Crew's October Catalog Sneak Peek on Pinterest" post:
- J.Crew Guy in Canada: "Fall and J.Crew go together like salt and pepper. ...I'm looking better if poorer."
- Mamakoh: "...Is the jewel drenched sweatshirt in stores? It's not online yet and I NEED THIS. I've avoided most of the jeweled stuff cause I know they'll just entice my toddler to try to pull them off me but I'm willing to fight with her for this one!"
- Clotted Creame: (Planning meeting)
Head Stylist: Okay, moving on to the liberty floral print shirtdress. Any photo story ideas?
Assistant #1: This would look great with butterflies swirling around it in the middle of the plaza.
HS: Hmmm...beautiful idea, but not in the budget. We’re only ordering limited stock this year, remember, to create the illusion of scarcity.
Assistant #2: Why don’t we utilize the local talent in Venice and incorporate Venetian pigeons? Venetian pigeons are way more chic than New York pigeons. They even understand Italian!
HS: Good thinking, A#2! You are now promoted to Assistant to the Head Stylist. A#1, you are now Assistant to the Assistant.
A#1: Ugh! Why didn’t I think of that?! If I had just rearranged a few letters of the alphabet and said “pigeons” instead of “butterflies”!!!
- Cate: "...I personally don't like wearing J.Crew head to toe, but sometimes I don't think their pieces mix well with clothes from other retailers and I find it hard to put a personal spin on their clothing. It seems to lend itself to wearing with other J.Crew things. Maybe Mickey is a genius!"
- Cate: "...somehow salad dressing, spaghetti sauce and wine don't look quite as cool on my pants ;)"
- GigiOfCA: "...All this talk about the pants/clutch/heels. Is no one wearing a shirt w/these pants?"