Tuesday, April 13, 2010

J.Crew's Fall Preview Is Here! {for men, part II}

We got a preview of the Fall collection in the April 2 "J.Crew's Fall Preview Is Here!" post. Well, here is a bit more!

"Thanks!" to J.Crew Guy In Canada who shared the following news with us. Over at A Continuous Lean (click here), there are several photos of the Fall 2010 Collection for MEN. The post also shares the following:
It couldn’t have been a more beautiful spring day last Thursday at the penthouse at Milk Studios when J.Crew presented its fall 2010 collection to editors. The sun was shining, the wind was blowin, the Dark ‘N’ Stormys were flowin and there were lots of familiar faces in attendance.

It has just started to get warm in NYC and looking at autumn clothes took some concentration, but J.Crew really nailed it with this collection. As I studied the looks at the presentation I told a friend — this is how I would dress everyday if I wasn’t so distracted or lazy, or a combination of the two.

Since the event and clothes have been out there on the internets, I thought it would be fun to take a different sort of approach and give you a comprehensive wrap-up of what was shown and what was said. That way you will be prepared come late summer when the collection starts hitting stores.

What did the bloggers think?
GQ said: “Too many stellar items to list.”

Secret Forts said: “You just want to put the clothes on, and with this collection, go get lost in the woods like Nick Adams”

The Pursuit Aesthetic said: “[J.Crew has been] transformed what was used to be little more than a preppy mail order catalog into one of the definitive sources for menswear.”

Por Homme said: “The Fall 2010 lineup is a versatile one with everything from a wool blazer to a Levi’s denim jacket all the way to a pair of classic chinos.”

Inventory said: “The fall collection aims to put a slightly toned down take on a number of outwear staples and J.Crew classics.”
Seriously, the Men's Collection is amazing. The outfits, the styling, and the presentation are all flawless. Bravo J.Crew!

What are your thoughts? Are you looking forward to the Fall Collection?

18 comments:

  1. The mens collection is stunning. Now if I could only get my hubby to wear some of it (I showed it to him and while he likes much of it he prefers to stick with his tried and true pieces...only replacing them when they are completely falling apart).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some socks on! Other than that, no major complaints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!

    Speaking of the men's collection, here is a neat article (and slide show) about two of the guys in the April men's catalogue:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/27/greathomesanddestinations/27away.html?_r=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. These looks are fabulous. I can see why our Aficionados love the men's line so much! The styling is so much better than the women's preview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice overall, bravo JCREW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fall 2010 will be expensive; I can se myself buying several of the pieces shown. For now I just need to check out spring and summer first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As with the women's, I like the bags and the shoes. I'd keep the bags for myself. I"m sure the shoes aren't sized small enough for me, so I'll live vicariously through my (lucky) husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the men's looks and each piece looks promising on its own too . Now just to get hubby dear to buy some for himself; how am I going to get him to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Other than the lack of socks and pegged hems like Heidi and tastymoog mentioned, I love! Consistently great man stuff.

    Jake Gyllenshatsit is on the May cover of GQ in a Prada suit with a JC chambray shirt underneath. Not too shabby! The clothes are nice too. (Giggles like a middle school girl.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sloooowly luring DH into the world of JC from BR. He has been a BR dude since college but even he finds the BR aesthetic a little boring these days. While he's not completely on board with all the style elements (I don't think I could ever convince him to wear Aldens w/out socks), nor with some of the pricing, he has been shopping at JC more.

    I do love seeing how they piece the men's items together. I just don't see those same elegant combinations with the womenz...could be that I'm not a fan of pairing ruffle blouses with drab, olive-colored army fatigues! But the guys' stuff scream quality...not sure I can say the same about the tissue tees that develop tiny holes after one wash!

    ReplyDelete
  11. agreed w/ jcrew guy in canada. they look great, but im just about ready to put away my lambswool and boots, and be a bit merrier with the spring and summer collections...fall will come all too soon so for now, i'd like to dwell on the present...pricey indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every season looks better and better. Frank has really elevated the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been wanting them to do tweed. I can't wait. Why do I have to slog through another DC summer waiting for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks really good but who wears a jean jacket under a suit?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Final Sale is gone! Spring Sale is here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. has there been an update to the sale section or did they just take away the "final?" I'm not sure how many items were in the sale section earlier today or if they updated just now

    ReplyDelete
  18. A - It's been at 577 or so for an hour or two. I don't think they've refreshed the stock yet. Just the Final Sale to Spring Sale info.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)